Sunday, August 5, 2012

Polaris Nuclear Sub


" FEATURES:
  • Over 7 feet long
  • Seats 2 kids
  • Controls that work
  • Rockets that fire
  • Real periscope
  • Firing torpedoes
  • Electrically lit instrument panel
How proud you will be as commander of your own POLARIS SUB -- the most powerful ship in the sea!  What hours of imaginative play and fun as you and your friends dive, surface, maneuver, watch the enemy through the periscope and release nuclear missiles and torpedoes!  Thrill as you hunt sunken treasures in pirate waters and explore the strange and mysterious ocean floor!
HOURS AND HOURS OF ADVENTURE
Sturdily constructed of 200 lb. test material.  Comes complete with easy assembly instructions.  Costs only $6.98 for this giant of fun, adventure, and science.  (Because of the POLARIS SUB'S giant size we must ask for 75c shipping charges.)...."


Wow!  Sounds almost too good to be true.  It's probably made of cardboard....I wonder what the control panel is like....I wonder about the torpedoes....I wonder about the REAL PERISCOPE....I wonder....I WONDER....I WONDER!!!  Until, I was finally convinced that I would be traveling around the world and exploring sights unseen, just me and a friend, in our wonderous POLARIS SUB. 



Eh, didn't quite make it out of the backyard....Still, it killed a summer afternoon or two.





No comments:

Post a Comment